Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Delta Delta Delta!

Well I just finished a four week children's English camp at a language school called Delta School of Languages. It was an intense four weeks with lots of hyped up Turkish children! Katie and I taught Tuesday and Thursday mornings, each morning we taught three different classes. The kids were actually a lot of fun and the time passed quite quickly. Last week as I was sitting in the manager's office after class he informed me that there would be a program on the last day, a party really. This was all going on in Turkish so I just nodded and told him we would definitely stay around after class to drink tea and eat cake. I was still nodding away as he was talking and I heard him say "okay, so what will your children do for the program?" in Turkish! I was a little surprised since I think I had already agreed for our class to do something with my profuse head nodding... I should really try to listen more closely! Anyway - turns out he really wanted Katie and I to have our classes do some sort of 'program' at the program! We taught our youngest class If You're Happy and You Know It and we taught our older class The Hokey Pokey. Fortunately most of our younger students showed up and the song went GREAT! Unfortunately we had all of 4 older students come and the hokey pokey was a bit of a disaster.. the whole left and right issue was a big stumbling block for most of them! So as you can see Katie and I stood in the front making fools of our selves as we kicked our feet in the air and shook them all about!






1 comment:

mbhewitt said...

That second picture really makes me laugh - Jayme you are so intense. Looks a little like Bennie Mac. MBH