Monday, October 08, 2007

Heartbeats and Haircuts

So today we went to visit our new doctor, she is wonderful. She works at the hospital where we will be delivering, here in Adana. She is very friendly and speaks good English. They love to do ultrasounds here so the first thing we do at our prenatal appointments is look at the baby! I love that part! We were shocked to see how much our little baby has grown in the past four weeks and how clear the pictures were, already a very photogenic baby, although Jared thinks it looks a bit like an alien! We saw its hands and legs and its heart beating away. Normally, here they don't let you hear the heartbeat until 20 weeks but I asked if we could hear it today. She said we could try, and sure enough we heard it's little heart beating so fast! It was wonderful, she had never heard one so early and was really excited as well! Jared and I both loved hearing our little one's heartbeat, it was both exciting and reassuring! We told her just in time that we do not want to know the sex of the baby as she was about to start looking! All in all, everything looks good and the baby is healthy! We are praising the Lord for such a healthy pregnancy thus far! I will go back in another month. We have also attached a picture of me, as you can see I am not really showing yet. Which is great, since I am awaiting my first big shipment of maternity clothes from the states. Also, I got my haircut today. We found a guy who used to work in the states that will cut our hair, he is really good and speaks great English. It was a very funny experience going to the salon here. There are lots of helpers at the salon. After the guy cut my hair, literally three people dried it. One held the brush, one held the hair dryer and the other was just on hand.. in case! It was fun and only cost about $30 for such great treatment.

3 comments:

The O'Donnells said...

Congrats on the baby! I found ya'lls page through several others (so I can appreciate the "9 blogs" post) it's amazing who you can find through these things. Looks like ya'll are doing well!!!

The Trustys said...

Congratulations! Baby Yates is precious! I remember thinking Morgan looked like an alien too. It's something to do with the eyes... They are a little creepy. Jayme looks great. I miss you guys so much. Good luck with everything!

Loustalot said...

That's great! Glad yall are doing well. k