Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Where in the World... Part 2

Okay okay.. so I am sure you thought we would never finish our where in the world series.. but here you go. So we left you hanging in Venice and I am sure you are dying to know where we went next. We got up Christmas Eve day and drove through Lake Como (always on the look out for the Night Fox) and stopped for a great lunch at a quaint family owned Italian place. We drove on and stayed the night in Luzern, Switzerland. It was a beautiful town right on the river and completely decorated for Christmas. Unfortunately almost everything closed early on Christmas eve, but we managed to find a great seafood restaurant for supper. We also stumbled upon an English speaking protestant church that had a midnight service. We had a wonderful Christmas eve and woke up to a great buffet at the Best Western :)! We ate our Christmas day feast courtesy of McDonalds and hit the road about noon headed to Germany. Our last major stop was Fussen, Germany, the home of two of King Ludwig II's castles. The larger of the castle is the model for the Disney Cinderella Castle. We toured the castle on the 26th along with 5,000 other tourists. We spent our last night in Munich where we tried to catch a movie but to no avail... however we did find a Subway and devoured a couple of six inch subs and some cookies! It was a great vacation, a once in a lifetime opportunity for sure, but it definitely wiped out our travel budget for a good while!
Check back soon and I will post pictures as soon as I find our camera!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jayme!

I was googling King Ludwig (don't ask me why, long story!) and I found your blog! Josh and I have a picture right in front of Neuswenstein Castle where you two are standing! (I know I spelled that wrong). We've spent a good deal of time in Germany and Austria. Anyway, thought that was neat and just wanted to say hi.
- Jamie Christian