Monday, August 11, 2008

I've Got the Fever

Olympic Fever - I love the Olympics.. I was totally into that cheesy countdown to 8/8/08 - looking forward to the opening ceremonies, wanting to have some sort of party, surprised when I would find out that people actually had other plans on Friday night the 8th. I, along with my parents who were equally eager to catch every moment of spectacular-ness sat captivated for 3+ hours as we watched the amazing show China put on - and then my favorite part - when every nation walks in -it is all so exciting.. so.. well so 'Olympic'. And somehow, I don't know how really, all the great stuff is coming on during primetime - how fortunate for us! And if I happen to fall asleep (as I seem to easily these days) I can watch the recap in the morning.. so great! What a great two weeks this will be!

On another note - I am going back to work tomorrow.. well sort of. I am going to start working at Mothers Morning Out at our church two days a week and doing Bible Study Childcare one other day.. so in all I will be at 'work' three mornings a week and Landrum will go to her own class. We start tomorrow and I am a little nervous about how this is all going to work out. I mean timing feedings just right so hopefully she won't get hungry while she is there since she hates bottles (I am sending one with her don't worry), and me being apart from her for three hours - three days a week. I hope she does not try anything new while she is away from me!

1 comment:

Jennifer Walker said...

Jared and Jayme...hope you're doing well..it's good to read your blog and we enjoyed seeing you at the Fair (this is Mack Alford's daughter btw if you were wondering). Jayme, I hope you enjoy MMO. Our little one use to go until God lead me to stay at home full time...how neat. Have a great week.