Wednesday, September 17, 2008

September

Landrum is 5 months old and it is so hard to believe. She changes so quickly now and is really getting to be a big girl! She loves rolling over, talking, singing and grabbing her toes.. She goes to church three mornings a week while I work at mothers morning out and really loves her teachers! I think there will be a tooth making an appearance sometime soon as she loves to gnaw on anything she can get her hands on.
The weather has been so wonderful this week so I am trying to get her outside more - especially since the rain has finally subsided for a while. She has had to sport a sweater for the first time since it is so chilly in the mornings.
Last night, we decided we would walk over to flowood park so I could do my jogging there on the track, then we would walk to El Sombrero for a little mexican supper, yum yum, and then swing by babies r us and walk home. We felt we were back in turkey walking so much! While on our walk to the park, Jared was pushing the stroller and I was walking alongside him, he was sort of weaving back and forth and so I was getting pushed into the gutter a little bit.. not watching where I was going until I almost stepped right onto a huge snake! In our neighborhood! We live in suburban America and are having some serious snake issues. This snake was atleast 3 feet long and a fatty - it had just eating something we could see it bulging in its belly. At first we weren't sure if it was dead or alive.. we stood a few feet away throwing gravel pebbles at it while cars drove past I am sure thinking we were crazy... turns out it was dead.. Jared also recently had to chop a snake up in the lawnmower in the back yard and a few weeks ago we had one curled up in our garage by the back door.. not dead. good grief! I did not have this many snake encounters when I lived in Africa! I wish I had a picture of the boa constrictor that nearly attacked me last night on our walk but I venture to say it is probably gone by now.. so just take my word. I am sure it was poisonous!
Enjoy the new pics of big girl!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm not gonna lie, that snake story (and the one about the lawn mower) grossed me out.

Anonymous said...

it's about time you updates. those pics are OOC cute. seriously.

Marjo

Jennifer said...

there's no snakes in farmington. i guess you picked the wrong neighborhood :)

landrum is adorable- can't wait to see her on sat!

Anonymous said...

Jayme,

I laughed so hard about the boa constrictor "attacking" you...you should probably carry a machete for protection on your next walk!
Landrum is adorable, I know ya'll are enjoying her so much!

Jamie