Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Visiting the Cousins

Landrum and I went on our first solo road trip last week. We drove to Dallas last Sunday to spend a week with my older sister Erin and her family. Erin just had her third baby, Olivia, in April and this was our first time to meet her! We had a great time. I was a little nervous about the trip over as it is about 7 hours driving. I tend to get really sleepy in the car and Landrum tends to get fussy after about an hour of riding. Well the Lord heard my prayers and we had a great trip. Landrum slept all the way past shreveport - wonderful! I was so sleepy until Monroe when I remembered I had several sermons in the car, I love listening to sermons while driving - focusing keeps me awake.. so Chip and the Word saved our lives! We had such fun even though it was unbearably hot each and every day. Landrum adores her cousins and did not want to nap or even sleep at night as she was convinced she was missing out on all the fun. I made Landrum and Rylie matching dresses to wear to a picnic/outdoor childrens concert that we went to one night and they were both thrilled! We can't wait for them to come and visit us in August, along with Bethany, David and Pace! What fun!
Not so sure about the apron!

Playing dress up

Fun at the picnic/concert

Cooling off!

No comments: