Friday, March 16, 2007

Good Friends, Good Times

I should have known that my neighbor loves cars by the fancy car he drives. But as we were visiting at his furniture store earlier this week he mentioned the Auto show in town. So we went to check it out this afternoon and had a blast. I think he reads every auto magazine in Turkey and so he was able to fill me in on every vehicle there. Which ones were good and which ones were just ok. Which ones had big engines and which ones were economical. It was a good afternoon of guy time and I am so thankful that he enjoys my company as much as I do his. Jayme and I are blessed that God has placed us next to some good neighbors whom we enjoy spending time with. This past Sunday, they took us on a Mediterranean picnic. We sat on a bluff by the sea and cooked fish and played with their 1.5 year old baby. After lunch we toured some of the ruins and natural wonders in the area, including a church built in the 5th century, a pit called hell, a chasm called heaven and a cave that cures asthma. All in all it's been a full week of fun.


1 comment:

Canım Anlatması: said...

So if we are reading this right, and I am pretty sure we are, did you all miss something on Sunday morning while you were out visiting places like "the pit of hell?" Sounds a bit sketchy to us. We will be there tomorrow for a house call...it is more serious than we thought....Curtis and Annie