Monday, June 18, 2007

You Know You are in Culture Shock When....

We have been here for almost 6 months and inevitably a little culture shock and homesickness have set in. What has been most unexpected are the results of these feelings...

You know you are homesick when:

1. You live an hour from the Mediterranean and yet long for Gulf Shores.
2. You can no longer tell the difference between a lamb-burger and a hamburger :)

3. You start to think this swimsuit look might not be so bad...

4. You start craving Kebab over Fajitas!
5. You start to sing All-American favorites (You're a Grand Ole Flag, This Land is Your Land and the all time favorite - I'm Proud to be an American) to pass the time.

3 comments:

C-Love said...

Lamba, lamba, ding-dong. The lambburger is a SLAMburger! Yes, baby!

amanda said...

And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died who gave their life for me. And I proudly stand up... You know I could go on forever with that song!I miss you both.

Follower said...

Just have a couple glasses of şalgam. I'm pretty sure that cures all physical and emotional damage. If that doesn't work, I've got some Velveeta in the kitchen. Come on over, we'll have some chips and dip and watch Walker, Texas Ranger.