Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Glory Glory Hallelujah


Last night as we were putting Landrum down for the night and I prayed that God would help her to sleep through the night. Knowing this was a big request as she had only been sleeping in 4 hour stretches, I knew Jayme needed it just as bad if not more than Landrum did. And hot dang, if she didn't make it from 10pm til 5am. She stirred around at 3 and again at 4, but she hung in there and gave Jayme the best sleep she's had in two months. We had heard other friends say how their babies were sleeping through the night at 8 weeks and we were at 7 weeks 6 days thinking, "We won't get to that point anytime soon." Thank you Jesus. Don't think I won't be praying the same prayer tonight hoping it wasn't a one time occurence.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh, that picture is very cute.

And hooray for sleep!

Anonymous said...

could she be any cuter in that pic??
Marjo

Anonymous said...

Yay! Evelyne didn't sleep through the night until she was 8 months old! For us, it was definitely not a linear experience because she would sleep 9 hours in a row when she was about three months old but then the next night it would be 5 and the next night every three hours. Not trying to discourage you at ALL, just wanted to say that for me it was all about my expectations and I would get SO frustrated when she would do good one night and awake the next. I spent much time grumbling about my friends who had babies who slept at 8 weeks! Hopefully you'll be part of the few and the lucky! =) I pray little Landrum will start sleeping good for y'all, I know Jayme's probably exhausted!!! Congrats on the great night of sleep,it's a gift when you get it, take it one night at a time. =)

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest picture!!! She is definitely adorable!